Monday, October 7, 2013

What I Was Taught About Anger

I was taught never to show my anger. I was taught always to keep a calm composure, to smile and say “that’s quite alright” even when it wasn’t. Fortunately for myself, (and others) it takes a lot to get me angry. But when it does, I have to hide it because that’s what I was told to do. Don’t show them they got to you. Don’t show them how angry they’ve made you. Don’t let them know they’ve won. Prove that you’re stronger. Only the weak let their anger show so easily. And you aren’t weak, even if you cry all the time and hate large crowds and don’t make friends easily, at least they’ll never see you angry. Anger is a lack of control, and you must always be in control, because if you aren’t, you haven’t really got anything.
Posted In: Everyday Emotions Postweek 1

No comments:

Post a Comment