Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Writer's Frustration

Joseph Heller said,
"Every writer I know has trouble writing."
And I'm not different

There are days
when the the words simply refuse to come
and that's when the trouble starts

Some days it's angry
stuttering red hot passionate frustration
all the right emotions in all the wrong places

Other days it's melancholy
the blue of the sky without wings to take me there
I gaze into the black page until my heart aches

But when the words finally come
bursting forth like water from a dam
the world is reborn in color

2 comments:

  1. I'm with this. The way colors get woven through is very cool, esp. "the black page." Unexpected...and it works well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks! Originally it was gonna be 'blank', but when i did the typo I decided i liked it...

    ReplyDelete